Windows updates can occasionally cause problems. When your HP laptop is plugged in but not charging, you can check for issues before installing a windows update. During the update, you may even get an error. When one of our clients updated the windows last year, his laptop battery stopped charging. His laptop showed as it was plugged in but at the same time, it was expressing that it’s not charging.
He took our technical support and we found that this problem was not uncommon and would occasionally arise after a Windows update. And more thankfully, there was an easy fix. Here’s how we got his laptop’s battery back to charging when it was plugged in.
Hp Laptop Plugged in but Not Charging - Follow These Steps
- Open the Device Manager by searching for it or right-clicking the Start button and selecting the Device Manager.
- Click on the batteries that are shown on the list. Expand it and you will see two items like Microsoft ac adapter & Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery.
- Right-click on each item and choose the Uninstall device. By doing this, you will uninstall the laptop’s battery drivers but don’t worry because they will automatically be reinstalled when you restart your laptop.
- Shut down your laptop.
- Unplug the power cable from your laptop.
- In case your laptop is equipped with a removable battery, remove it. Our client’s laptop had no removable battery.
- We tried to skip this step but it did not work, so we removed the bottom panel of his laptop and then we removed the battery by disconnecting it from the motherboard.
- Put batteries back if you removed them.
- Plugin your laptop.
- Power on your laptop.
- Force the battery icon in the system tray & you will see that your laptop is plugged in & charging.
- By updating your laptop’s BIOS (basic input or output), you can manage the connection between your operating system and your laptop hardware devices.
- Faulty BIOS settings can sometimes cause laptop battery not charging issues. Make sure you fix the BIOS of your laptop by contacting the HP Technicians.
- All you got to do is download the latest BIOS update and install it on your computer.
Get HP Support in Easy Way
HP Laptop Technicians are just a call away by visiting their website. You can call at their toll-free support number and they will be easy to help you out in every situation. HP laptops can prone to any type of error while using.
When your HP laptop is not charging, it may waste a lot of time of yours and you may lose a lot of profit in your business.
HP laptop support number will reinstall our clients Lenovo laptop’s battery drivers and disconnecting its battery and then reconnecting it, we got his laptop’s battery back to charging when it’s plugged in.
With differences in manufacturers, the mileage may vary. If you encountered this plugged-in-not-charging problem and found a fix that differs from mine, please describe your method in the comments below.