When your favorite HP printer is sunk in the error state, thus it is irritating at times. You may want to print something work-related stuff and it’s delaying your overall process; This takes time and to avoid this, you need to read this. Let us explain to you on HP Technicians website that the HP support is for those who are getting rid of this issue. Suppose if you have an HP printer with the model name HP ENVY 5640 e-All-in-One Printer and every time you try to print, definitely is a message stating “printer in an error state”. Let us advise you the walks you should perform and do a good job.
Make sure you know the below things if you want a clear idea-HP Printer error state
- Make sure you see that is the printer able to make a photocopy successfully? If yes, then the evidence points towards a software or driver’s issue.
- Is any updating in software took place?
- Is the printer printing from any device on the same network?
While you respond to that, we recommend you perform the accompanying steps to remove the issue of “hp printer is in an error state” and arrive at a fix:
- Simply remove the power cable from the printer while the printer is yet on.
- Disconnect any new cables if connected to the printer.
- Force and hold the printers power button for about 15 seconds.
- The printer should be rapidly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
- Now reconnect the power cable to ON. Your printer should power on by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON, then please manually power it ON.
Simply download and run the HP print and scan doctor software. This tool is free for windows for resolving issues related to printer drivers. After running the HP print and scan doctor, if your printer cannot print then let the HP technicians uninstall the printer drivers from the root level and thus let them reinstall it. The succeeding steps will benefit:
- Search and open programs and features in windows.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall. Call at the HP Technicians Immediately after this.
- In Windows, research for and open Devices and Printers.
- Look for devices and printers window in your HP printer. If you look so, right-click on it and select “delete” or “remove device”.
- Open up the run command with the “Windows Key + R” key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on the Drivers tab.
- Look for the HP Printer driver. If you see that, click on it & dispose of it at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Chose to apply and ok on the print server properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Simply download or install the drivers from the link printerhpsupport.com.
Now you know how to take out your hp printer from the error state, if you are not successfully executing it, you can contact the HP technicians for the support.